- This event has passed.
Photography Workshop & Snowshoe – February 18th, 2024
February 18 @ 7:30 am - 5:00 pm$50.00
Join Guided By Adventure & Bill Campbell Photography for this unique collaboration. Guided by Adventure will be guiding the snowshoe as you travel as a group through the beautifully scenic Driscoll Ridge trail. Bill will share his thought process & ideas when it comes to wilderness photography while giving hands on instruction throughout the day. He will walk you through visualizing your image, the basics of composition, and the proper camera settings to achieve that vision. Bill will run demonstrations as photo opportunities arise throughout the hike, as well as assist you with input while creating your own images.
This workshop is suitable for all levels of photography and camera phones are welcome. Driscoll Ridge trail is a 5 km in and out trail gaining 370 metres of elevation. Prior snowshoeing experience is recommended if you are wanting to take part in this adventure
Activity Level/Rating – Moderate, No challenging terrain but the climb is steady.
Meeting – Meeting at the gas station just up past the jail along hwy 16 east. Meeting at 7:15-7:30, hitting rd by 7:30am. We will carpool from gas station.
What to bring-
- Your choice of camera (phone cameras welcome) If you are going to be using your phone for our workshop you may want to consider getting an app that gives you full control of the camera such as Halide for iPhone or Opencamera for android (this will be helpful but you can still achieve success without)
- Extra camera batteries
- Tripod (optional)
- Small lens cloth for cleaning
- Gear for all elements – gloves, toque & Dress in synthetic layers/NO COTTON – prepare warmth, rain. heat, snow
- second set of thinner gloves that you can operate camera or phone with
- Backpack & water
- Gaiters (strongly recommended)
- Poles with winter baskets
- Pad or backpacking chair to sit on
****An email will be sent out to all group members 24 hours prior to go over meeting spot & any gear/info changes**** If you require any gear or have any questions please email us at email@example.com
We can’t wait to Adventure with you!
Refund Policy – Due to the nature of outdoor adventure and that we have many upfront costs, all day adventures are non refundable. However if canceled prior to 72 hours before event we can issue a credit for full amount that can be used towards a future adventure. We do everything in the best of our abilities to provide an amazing experience however due to weather & safety restrictions we may, at times, not be able to reach summit or desired view with group. If the temperature drops below -15 we will be postponing to another date. Again as we cannot control the weather we will not be issuing refunds if you cannot make the new date but a credit will be issued.
- Please be advised we are not responsible for any damage done to vehicle during your drive to trail head