- This event has passed.
Yellowhawk Trail – October 2nd
October 2, 2021 @ 6:30 am - 8:00 pm$35.00 – $50.00
Back to the Cariboo we go for an amazing fall hike! The weather is calling for sunshine and great temps so we couldn’t be more excited for this weekend! We will be guiding the Yellowhawk Trail just outside of Wells B.C. This is a 7 km in and out trail which will take us about 500 metres in elevation. After the hike we will be popping into the Jack of clubs for a post hike celebration, beverage and dinner (dinner not included in price)
Activity Level/Rating – moderate, some elevation gain, terrain is not challenging
Meeting – Meeting at spruce land mall out front the starbucks between 6:15am – 6:30am, hitting the rd by 6:30am. It is a roughly two hour drive to trail head. Goal is to be back in PG by around 7pm, depending on trail condition, group pace & how long we mingle at pub after. Please be aware that if you are riding in the van you must wear a mask while not eating or drinking. For the pub after you will need to show vaccine passport, as per provincial health guidelines. If you do not want to stay for pub after you can meet us in Wells and just attend hike.
What to bring-
- Gear for all elements (gloves, toque (for alpine) & Dress in synthetic layers (no cotton) – warmth, rain. heat, snow!
- Backpack & water
- Gaiters (optional)
- Poles (optional)
- Pad or backpacking chair to sit on
- Bear spray if you have it, please no bear bells
- Guided hike (hike with ACMG Hiking guide apprentice & tail guide who have park permit to operate within park, extensive knowledge of area, route, terrain & is equipped to keep you safe while you have an amazing time on your adventure)
- Snacks & refreshments
- Transportation from PG to trailhead and back
****An email will be sent out to all group members 24 hours prior to go over meeting spot & any gear/info changes**** If you require any gear or have any questions please email us at email@example.com
We can’t wait to Adventure with you!
Meg & James
Refund Policy – Due to the nature of outdoor adventure and that we have many upfront costs, all day adventures are non refundable. However we can issue a credit for 50% of original amount that guest can use to a future adventure. We do everything in the best of our abilities to provide an amazing experience however due to weather & safety restrictions we may, at times, not be able to reach summit or desired view with group.
- Please be advised we are not responsible for any damage done to vehicle during your drive to trail head