- This event has passed.
Viking Ridge – December 4th
December 4, 2021 @ 6:30 am - 6:00 pm$45.00 – $60.00
We are heading to Sugarbowl – Grizzly Den Park for our first Viking Ridge adventure of the season! This climb starts off STEEP as it winds up through the Cedar & Hemlock forest. We will break for lunch at the alpine meadows before making our final push to the summit above the lake. This is a 12 km in and out trail that climbs roughly 1000m in elevation. If your not sure if this hike/snowshoe is right for you, please reach out for more info.
Rated – Difficult/strenuous
Meeting at Spruce Land parking lot in front of the Starbucks (grab your coffee for the drive) The trail head is about 1 hour NE of Prince George, parking is located along hwy. Leaving Prince George at 6:30am, goal to hit the trail by 8:00 am. Heading back to PG at 3:30pm at the latest. You can take our transportation or follow out in your own vehicle
What to bring/wear-
- Gear for all elements (gloves, toque (for alpine) & Dress in synthetic layers (no cotton) – warmth, rain. heat, snow!
- Insulated liners for some bottom layer to keep you dry, do not recommend heavy snow pants
- Backpack & water
- Gaiters (optional)
- Poles (optional)
- Pad or backpacking chair to sit on
- Guided hike/snowshoe ( guides have extensive knowledge of area, route, terrain & is equipped to keep you safe while you have an amazing time in the backcountry)
- Transportation to trail head & back to PG
If you are a hiking club member please email to register as you will receive $5 off the cost of adventure.
Email is sent out to all guests prior to adventure with meet up details, gear list & waiver.If you require any gear or have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meg & James
Refund Policy – Due to the nature of outdoor adventure and that we have many upfront costs, all day adventures are non refundable. However we can issue a credit for 50% of original amount that guest can use to a future adventure. We do everything in the best of our abilities to provide an amazing experience however due to weather & safety restrictions we may, at times, not be able to reach summit or desired view with group.
- Please be advised we are not responsible for any damage done to vehicle during your drive to trail head and it is mandatory that you have proper winter tires as per hwy guidelines.