- This event has passed.
Raven Lake – July 15th 2023
July 15 @ 7:00 am - 5:00 pm$60.00
Join us for the first trip this year up to Raven Lake!
This beautiful hike is a Prince George classic! In only 4 kms you are into the alpine with views all around. From the stunning alpine meadows we will make our way down to the cabin that is nestled in beside Raven Lake. After lunch we will make our way up to the ridge. from here we travel ridge taking in 360 views and then following the ridge back out to the main trail.
This wander starts off gradual up through the forest, through the alpine meadow and down to the cabin where we will relax in the sunshine and have lunch & rest!
Rated – Moderate ~ this is a 12 km in and out trail. Terrain is mellow accept for one steep section going from cabin to ridge.
Meeting – Meeting outside of Tim hortons on Massey Dr. (same parking lot as Princess Auto) between 6:45am – 7am, hitting the rd by 7am. Drive to trailhead is around 2 hours. Goal is to be back in PG by around 5pm, depending on trail condition, group pace & how long we want enjoy the day for! From meeting point guests can carpool or follow out in their own vehicles. Carpool fee is $15
What to bring/wear-
- Gear for all elements (gloves, toque (for alpine) & Dress in synthetic layers – warmth, rain. heat, mosquitos!
- Hiking boots
- Bandana on pack (use for sweat or as tissue)
- Backpack & water (2L)
- Gaiters (strongly recommended)
- Poles (strongly recommended)
- Pad or backpacking chair to sit on
- Bear spray if you have it, please no bear bells
- Guided hike (hike with an apprentice ACMG Hiking Guide who has extensive knowledge of area, route, terrain & is equipped to keep you safe while you have an amazing time on your adventure)
- Trail Interpretation
- Snacks & refreshments
- First aid kit stocked for amount of guests (Guide is a Wilderness First Responder & OFA Level3)
- Bug spray, sunscreen
- Emergency GPS device
- Carpooling can be arranged
****An email will be sent out to all group members 48 hours prior to go over meeting spot & any gear/info changes**** If you require any gear or have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to Adventure with you!
The Adventure Crew
Refund Policy – Due to the nature of outdoor adventure and that we have many upfront costs, all day adventures are non refundable. However we can issue a credit for full amount that guest can use to a future adventure. We do everything in the best of our abilities to provide an amazing experience however due to weather & safety restrictions we may, at times, not be able to reach summit or desired view with group.
- Please be advised we are not responsible for any damage done to vehicle during your drive to trail head