- This event has passed.
Longworth Lookout – April 10th
April 10, 2021 @ 6:15 am - 7:00 pm$30.00
This another one our favs and we are excited to take on this challenging hike with a crew of ambitous adventurers! This trail starts off gradually along an old skid trail and then cuts up into more Cedar & Hemlock forest as you follow switch backs up the mountain. This is a 13 km in and out trail.
Rated – Difficult/hard. This hike is difficult as the kms feel long & is a constant incline. The last 3 km to the top are fairly steep. Depending on snow pack we may not be able to go all the way to the top and we will be packing snowshoes on our backpacks
Meeting at Spruce Land parking lot in front of the Starbucks (grab your coffee for the drive) We are hoping to be able to use to van for transportation by this date however if we are not able due to provincial restrictions please be ready to drive yourself & follow us from meet up location. The trail head is about 2 hours NE of Prince George. Leaving Prince George at 6:30am, meeting between 6:15-6:30am. Heading back to PG at 5pm at the latest.
Please be aware we will be following all current Covid guidelines. When you arrive please stay at vehicle while you put on snowshoes & maintain 2 meters distance from other group members. Covid self assessment must be done prior to meeting up which will be emailed prior to adventure.
What to bring-
- Gear for all elements (gloves, toque, layers) Dress in layers (be bold, start cold) you will warm up fast as we head upwards so make sure to wear pieces you can easily take off when you get hot and put back on at the top.
- Backpack for lunch & water
- Poles (optional)
- Guided snowshoe ( two guides who have extensive knowledge of area, route, terrain & are equipped to keep you safe while you have an amazing time in the backcountry)
- Learn about proper route finding, spotting avalanche terrain & winter travel
****An email will be sent out to all group members 24 hours prior to go over meeting spot & any gear/info changes****
If you require any gear or have any questions please email us at email@example.com
We can’t wait to Adventure with you!
Meg & James
Refund Policy – Due to the nature of outdoor adventure and that we have many upfront costs, all day adventures are non refundable. However we can issue a credit for full amount that guest can use to a future adventure. We do everything in the best of our abilities to provide an amazing experience however due to weather & safety restrictions we may, at times, not be able to reach summit or desired view with group.
- Please be advised we are not responsible for any damage done to vehicle during your drive to trail head and it is mandatory that you have proper winter tires as per hwy guidelines.