- This event has passed.
Fang Mountain – July 19th 2023
July 19 @ 7:00 am - 6:00 pm$60.00
We are heading back to Evanoff Provincial Park to hike Fang Mountain! Lets go for a mid week stroll & have the entire mountain to ourselves!
Come enjoy this wild Northern Mountain, with brilliant terrain…alpine meadows, lakes & boulder fields. This will be one of our most challenging trips as there is difficult terrain and steep parts to climb so rest assured your guides will be route finding & assisting you through every tricky moment of this ascent. This adventure is 12 km round trip, gaining over 900 metres of elevation.
During guided hikes your hiking guide sets the pace, prompts scheduled breaks for snacks, water & beauty appreciation moments. Your guide will also cover local history, flora, fauna, animal habitats and go over animal awareness as well as hiking/route finding skills.
Meeting – Meeting outside of Tim hortons on Massey Dr. (same parking lot as Princess Auto) between 6:45am – 7am, hitting the rd by 7am. Drive to trailhead is around 2 hours. Goal is to be back in PG by around 6pm, depending on trail condition, group pace & how long we want enjoy the day for! From meeting point guests can carpool or follow out in their own vehicles. Carpool fee is $15
Rated – Difficult. Some very steep/rocky terrain and almost 1000 meters of elevation gain. We suggest you are a confident hiking a full day prior to attending this trip. Also must have good footing as we pass through two boulder fields.
What to bring/wear-
- Gear for all elements (gloves, toque (for alpine) & Dress in synthetic layers – warmth, rain. heat, mosquitos!
- Hiking boots
- Bandana on pack (use for sweat or as tissue)
- Backpack & water (2L)
- Gaiters (strongly recommended)
- Poles (strongly recommended)
- Pad or backpacking chair to sit on
- Bear spray if you have it, please no bear bells
- Guided hike (hike with an apprentice ACMG Hiking Guide who has extensive knowledge of area, route, terrain & is equipped to keep you safe while you have an amazing time on your adventure)
- Trail Interpretation
- Snacks & refreshments
- First aid kit stocked for amount of guests (Guide is a Wilderness First Responder & OFA Level3)
- Bug spray, sunscreen
- Emergency GPS device
- Carpooling can be arranged
Please not that we require minimum 4 guests to run this trip. If trip is cancelled due to low enrolment then you will receive full refund.
****An email will be sent out to all group members 48 hours prior to go over meeting spot & any gear/info changes**** If you require any gear or have any questions please email us at email@example.com
We can’t wait to Adventure with you!
The Adventure Crew
Refund Policy – Due to the nature of outdoor adventure and that we have many upfront costs, all day adventures are non refundable. However we can issue a credit for full amount that guest can use to a future adventure. We do everything in the best of our abilities to provide an amazing experience however due to weather & safety restrictions we may, at times, not be able to reach summit or desired view with group.
- Please be advised we are not responsible for any damage done to vehicle during your drive to trail head