- This event has passed.
Driscoll Ridge New Years Eve Snowshoe – December 31st
December 31, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$60.00
What better way to ring in the new year then by setting some intentions atop a mountain with good humans, tired legs and champagne! This guided trek will be taking place during the day so that you can dance the night away after an adventure amongst some ancient cedars. Driscoll Ridge is located just over an hour East of Prince George. This snowshoe is just under 5km return and ascends 390 m of elevation. This adventure is a great option for anyone looking to take their snowshoeing from flat trails to something more adventurous!
Activity Level/Rating – Moderate, No challenging terrain but the climb is steady.
Meeting – Meeting at parkwood mall out front the Second Cup at 8am, hitting the rd by 8:15am. It is a roughly a one hour drive to trail head. Goal is to be back in PG by around 4pm, depending on trail condition, group pace & how long wander & rest for.
What to bring-
- Gear for all elements (gloves, toque (for lunch break) & Dress in synthetic layers – warmth, rain. heat, snow
- Gaiters over your hiking pants or winter outer shell
- Backpack & water
- Poles (optional) but strongly recommended
- Pad or backpacking chair to sit on
- Guided Snowshoe (ACMG Snowshoe Guide with who has permit to operate within park, extensive knowledge of area, route, terrain & is equipped to keep you safe while you have an amazing time on your adventure)
- Champagne & Party favours for a summit celebration
- Snacks & refreshments
****An email will be sent out to all group members 24 hours prior to go over meeting spot & any gear/info changes**** If you require any gear or have any questions please email us at email@example.com Carpooling can be arranged
We can’t wait to Adventure with you!
Refund Policy – Due to the nature of outdoor adventure and that we have many upfront costs, all day adventures are non refundable. However we can issue a credit for full amount that guest can use to a future adventure. We do everything in the best of our abilities to provide an amazing experience however due to weather & safety restrictions we may, at times, not be able to reach summit or desired view with group.
- Please be advised we are not responsible for any damage done to vehicle during your drive to trail head